Saturday, August 2, 2014

My Joy and Delight

Psalm 43:3-5- "Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.  Then will I go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight.  I will praise you with the harp, O God, my God.  Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."

As I was spending precious early morning time with my God before my day began, He showed me this gem of a passage.  I love that He always knows exactly where I am, exactly what I'm going through, and exactly what I need, and I love His gentle whisper.  No matter how chaotic, overwhelmed, or out of control I feel my life is, no matter how frazzled I am, God is never frazzled.  He never speaks to me in a panic, but always with a still, quiet voice, reminding me of his faithfulness and to calm down and rest in Him.

The other morning, when I read this passage, was no exception.  This passage was exactly what I needed to hear, remember, and get through the day.  God's Word is always timely. In my most frazzled, overwhelmed, or tired states, this passage is what I need to remember.  No matter how crazy my days are, the only thing that matters is that I have a clear path to Him.  I only need a clear path to the altar of God, to a place where I can be alone with Him, talk with Him and listen to Him.  In the midst of my days and weeks, no matter how calm or how frenzied, all that matters is that I find my way to Him, where I can bring Him all my emotions, all my fears, and all my circumstances.  He wants to hear from His people and He wants us to open up to Him, to trust Him with all our feelings, even the hard ones.

The Lord has and is what I need every moment of the day, but He usually saves the most precious words of wisdom when I spend quiet, uninterrupted moments with Him.  The Psalmist in Psalm 143:8 meets with God and asks Him to "let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.  Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."  There is something sacred and special about my morning time with the Lord.  He always has a special Word for me during that time, and it's always truth that meets me right where I am and gives me sustenance for the day ahead.  I love my morning time with my Savior and I meet with Him in expectation, knowing He will remind me of His unfailing love and direct me in the way I should go.  Don't miss what the Lord has ready for you each morning.  He wants to shower His love on you; don't miss it.  Don't miss the daily opportunity to lean on Him, share with Him, and learn from Him.  He loves you and me with a passion no one else can touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment